Creating your text message brand
Creating your text message Brand
Before sending text messages, wireless carriers require all businesses to register their details.
Who needs to submit this information?
- This is a requirement if you want to send texts from Vumber numbers with a local area code.
Who does not need to submit this information?
- You do not need to complete this if you only text from toll-free (800, 888, 877, etc.) Vumber numbers.
- You don't need to complete this if you don't send text messages and use your number exclusively to make and receive calls.
Do I need an EIN?
- A valid EIN is required if you want to text from more than one number.
What information do I need to submit?
You must provide the following to register your brand:
- Company legal name (this must match the EIN you provide below)
- Please provide the address of the organization, not an individual employee's address.
- The business type of your organization
- Private Company
- Public Traded Company
- Sole Proprietor
- Accounts registered as Sole Proprietorships may only send text messages from ONE number.
- A valid and accurate EIN must be provided for all non-Sole Proprietorship accounts.
- You may wish to refer to recent tax documents (W2, I9, etc.) or consult with a tax professional to provide your organization’s correct EIN.
- A DUNS Number is NOT acceptable in place of your valid EIN.
- An incorrect EIN or EIN that does not match the legal company name might be rejected.
- When selecting your industry, please select the field from the dropdown menu that closely aligns with your organization’s purpose.
- Contact Details
- Complete your contact details. You may be contacted to clarify information, so please ensure you supply accurate contact information.